Nintendo Book Tag

Saturday, October 3, 2015



Okay, so I was just perusing Youtube, watching the original video of a tag I was thinking about doing, when I saw that the same Youtuber made the Nintendo Book Tag! And I LOVE Nintendo so much so I don't know how I could NOT do this tag! I have had a Nintendo for as long as I can remember. My mom was always a Nintendo nerd and I remember how much I LOVED to watch her play games. Nintendo is so great, I'm so happy that this tag is out there!

ANYWAYS, this tag was created by Novels and Nonsense!

1. Nintendo Entertainment System (NES)
Name a classic you want to read:


I'm going to go with The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy by Douglas Adams for this one. My mom LOVES this book. She tried to get me to read this one, I think I was in middle school when she thought I'd like it. I couldn't get into it then, but I think that I was too young to get the book so now that I'm older, I would like to try this book again.


2. Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES)
Name a sequel you liked better than the first book:


This question was kind of hard. I feel like I generally like the first book in a series the best. Looking through my goodreads shelf, that was the case when looking at pretty much all the books I've listed as 'read'. The only ones that come to mind are Harry Potter (and I have NO idea which of those would be my favorite, I would definitely have to reread them to make a decision there) and Throne of Glass. So, while I loved all the books so far in the Throne of Glass series, I'm going to say that Heir of Fire is my favorite. Although there is not really any Chaol in this book, and that breaks my heart, I feel like Celaena really grows in this book. You get to learn so much about her past and everything and I think that I could choose this book as my favorite.



3. Nintendo 64 (N64)
Name a book that revolutionized that way you look at the world:


I'm gonna go with Delirium for this one. It was the book that got me serious about reading. It really makes you wonder what the world would be like if love really were illegal and you couldn't really feel anything strongly. It kinda makes you appreciate being able to feel however you want.. I don't know, I just kinda pulled that answer out of my butt, I can't think of a better answer.


4. Nintendo GameCube
Name a book that was very popular, but didn't go over well for you:


EVERYONE seems to love this series. I just don't. I want to read the third one because I'm doing a read along and I don't want to be a quitter, but I don't know if I have it in me to read another book in this series.



5. Nintendo Wii
Name a new favorite:


I just read this book like two weeks ago and it blew me away! I can't believe that I waited so long to read this one! It was SO amazing! I absolutely can't wait for The Mirror King to come out next year! I need to know what happens next!



6. Nintendo Power
Name your favorite graphic novel series or a graphic novel series you'd like to start:

       

I have never read a graphic novel before as far as I can remember. I know that there is a series of graphic novels about the Legend of Zelda. Which I would LOVE to read someday! Also, reading the graphic novel of Legend by Marie Lu would be awesome!




7. Super Mario Bros
Name a character you would have loved to squish like a goomba:


I absolutely hated Feyre's sister Nesta. She was SO unnecessarily awful ALL the time! I would love nothing more than to squish her like the icky goomba she is.



8. The Legend of Zelda
Name a newer fantasy series you consider to be a modern classic:


I guess Harry Potter probably isn't necessarily new, but like compared to most classics, it probably is. I think that this is definitely a modern classic!



9. Samus Aran
Name your favorite Sci-Fi novel or one you would like to start:


The Darkest Minds is my favorite series ever!! I love the characters, I love the story, I love the covers. I just plain old love this series. Ruby is amazing and Liam is so swoooonworthy! Ahhhhh. If you have not read this book yet, what are you waiting for? READ IT NOW!



10. Pokémon
Name a book edition you really want to collect:

      

I want these Australian covers of The Darkest Minds. You know what? I just want ALL the editions of The Darkest Minds. And any other of Alexandra Bracken's books. Because she is just plain amazing!! If anyone has these and wants me to take them off their hands, I will GLADLY do so! ;)



11. Donkey Kong
Name a book series that has some very original characters:

I am seriously at a loss right now as to what book to answer for this question...


So I'm just gonna go with The Wrath and the Dawn by Renée Ahdieh. I don't think that I even know for myself what I think makes an original character, but this is a book that I LOVED the characters in. Shazi is seeking revenge for her best friend's death and offers herself up to the monster who killed her. She's so brave. And she's smart, figuring out ways to keep herself alive to see the next sunrise. She is fantastic and I love her. And Khalid is made out to be a monster, but he really is not such a bad dude and he's so yum. And yeah, I don't really feel that any of that necessarily constitutes an original character, but whatever. I choose this book.



12. Nintendo Fandom
Name your favorite video game:



The Legend of Zelda franchise is my ALL TIME FAVORITE video game franchise ever! I love everything about it! It's so much fun! Specifically, Ocarina of Time is my favorite Zelda game! That's the first Zelda game I ever remember watching my mom play and it's the first one I ever remember playing myself. I remember having a weird obsession with my mom's game guide to this game. I used to make list after list of all the characters and places in this game. I was such a weird kid. I am REALLY loving Hyrule Warriors as well. I am excited for the 3DS version to come out this year! I would never get anywhere on that game if it weren't two player and my sister couldn't help me kick monster butt. So we'll see how that goes. Haha!


I tag the following people:

*Brittany from Brittany's Book Rambles
*Alexandra from Literary Legionnaire
*Sarah from The Reading Petal

I have had Nintendo chats with all of you before so I hope that you appreciate this tag as much as I did! Also, anyone else who wants to do this tag, DO IT! And tell me because I want to see your answers!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan