Top Ten Tuesday (#21)

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish!

This week's topic is Top Ten Quotes I Loved From Books I Read In The Past Year Or So.

I'm just going through my goodreads and looking at the quotes from books I rated highly this year and picking one that I like. I can't think of any specific quotes off the top of my head!

Here we gooooo!

1.

“Shazi, 

I prefer the color blue to any other. The scent of lilacs in your hair is a source of constant torment. I despise figs. Lastly, I will never forget, all the days of my life, the memories of last night—
For nothing, not the sun, not the rain, not even the brightest star in the darkest sky, could begin to compare to the wonder of you.

Khalid.” 

- The Wrath and the Dawn by Renée Ahdieh

~~~

2.

“Rise, red as the dawn.” 

-Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard

~~~

3.

“You wanna go build some shelves with me?” 
all the heart eyes all the heart eyes all the heart eyes yes yes yes I would build shelves with Liam Stewart anyday

-In the Afterlight by Alexandra Bracken

~~~

4.

“Whenever you are ready, or if you never are, my heart is yours, until Death do us part. Whatever that may mean when consorting with one of Death’s handmaidens.” 

-Grave Mercy by Robin LaFevers

~~~

5.

“I will find you.
In the farthest corner, I will find you.” 

-The Kiss of Deception by Mary E. Pearson

~~~

6.

“You could rattle the stars," she whispered. "You could do anything, if only you dared. And deep down, you know it, too. That’s what scares you most.” 

-Throne of Glass by Sarah J. Maas

~~~

7.

“I love you,’ he whispered, and kissed my brow. ‘Thorns and all.” 

-A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas

~~~

8.

“We are strong and proud and beautiful and there are not enough stars in the night sky to measure our worth. 

I will honor my mother and take care of my family.

Yes, I think. I am just a woman.” 

-Glass Arrow by Kristen Simmons

~~~

9.

“Life is made of so many moments that mean nothing. Then one day, a single moment comes along to define every second that comes after. Such moments are tests of courage, of strength.” 

-An Ember in the Ashes by Sabaa Tahir

~~~

10.

"Even the strongest blizzards start with a single snowflake."

-Snow Like Ashes by Sara Raasch

~~~

What are some quotes that you loved from books this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan