Top Ten Tuesday (#22)

Tuesday, November 24, 2015

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly feature created by The Broke and the Bookish!

This week's topic is a Thanksgiving Themed Freebie!

I'm going to list ten things that I'm grateful for this year.

1. I'm thankful for my house being finished finally after a year of working on it! And thankful for the nice guy who we finally found to work on it who was RELIABLE and worth a crap! It was such an enormous struggle to find someone reliable to work on it! We found lots of people who said that they'd do this work or that work, but NONE of them ever showed!

2. I'm thankful for all the fantastic Alexandra Bracken news I've seen floating around this month! New books AND a sweet tour that will go to Minnesota that I will probably actually be able to go to?! What is this?! I love it!

3. I'm thankful for all the fantastic people who visit my blog or chat with me on twitter about books or life! Your friendships mean the world to me! I love this bookish community and I'm so glad that I finally took the plunge and made a book blog. It has been so fun and I just love all of you that I have met.

4. I'm thankful that my boyfriend finally said that I can get a cat. I love his kitty snuggles even if he is mostly an asshole. I don't even know if he was serious when he said I could get a cat. I really think he might have just been sick of me asking if I could get a cat and he finally just said, "FINE, get your stupid cat!!" I think he was surprised when I came home with a tiny kitten in a box.

5. I am so thankful for my family! My dad for putting up with me just showing up for the weekend because I always forget to tell him when I'm coming home! And being so understanding when I can't pay my phone bill for the month because my job kinda sucks right now. My sister for throwing away fun plans to hang out with me when I come home for the weekend and don't want to do anything except eat fro-yo and watch all day marathons of Law and Order: SVU. She had big plans for Halloween to be a sparkle, but she just stayed at home in her sparkly attire with me like the wonderful sister she is.

6. I'm thankful for the one friend I have left from my friend group in high school. That sounds totally pathetic, but I don't find it to be. In high school, I had a group of friends and there were five of us and we called ourselves the Fabulous Five. But I've decided that three of them needed to be cut out. They aren't worth my time and worry, but I am thankful for my one friend who is and who always at least makes plans to hang out with me when I go home even if we both usually forget. I'm also SUPER thankful for my sister's group of friends she made at work! They are so much fun and they always include me and are excited to see me and let me borrow the TV shows they have on DVD and eat fro-yo with me. They've been better friends to me in the VERY short time that I've known them than most of my friends from high school were in all the years we've known each other. And they let me call them the Nerd Herd and I highly value that.

7. I'm thankful for my boyfriend who puts up with me and loves me even if I'm a terrible cook and I never want to play video games with him (because he NEVER wants to play what I want to play! >:(). He's too good to me and a lot of the time I don't feel worthy of it. I am SO glad that I went to the party I met him at. I almost didn't go because parties aren't my scene, but it was probably the best decision I ever made because Dalton is SO AMAZING!

8. I'm thankful for the wonderful new car I got this year. And that my dad loves me enough to get me AAA because I needed it this year and I had a free 200 mile tow that I also ended up needing. I'm just really thankful that that whole ordeal went as smoothly as it did. In like, March I think, my old car broke down on me. I was in the middle of driving from my dad's house back to my house. That's a four hour drive. I called AAA and I got my free tow and the guy I had to ride with wasn't even creepy and it wasn't near as bad as I was imagining it to be. And I love love love my new car. EVERYTHING WORKS!

9. Even if it REALLY sucks right now, I am thankful for my job. I work in a distribution center as a packer. So basically someone orders something off the internet and I pack it in a box and ship it out. It's really dull, boring, mindless work. But it pays really well (when I'm actually there) and I like the people I work with. I'm really thankful that I made the cut when they had to let a bunch of people go a few months ago. I absolutely HATE job hunting so I'm glad I didn't have to. I also really hope that I don't have to anytime soon.

10. Finally, since I'm really running out of things to say and since I don't have a lot of bookish things on my list, I'm just gonna say I'm thankful for books. They're so interesting and fun and my life would be so incredibly dull without them. Yay books.

What are some things that you're thankful for this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan