Guest of the Month (#3) - Emily @ Follow the Yellow Book Road

Sunday, January 31, 2016


Guest of the Month Club is a monthly opportunity to collaborate with different bloggers! Every month you will be paired with a different blogger. You will each plan a guest post for the other’s blog (topic suggestions will be provided every month!). Then all of the club members will post on the same day of the month to make blog hopping easier.

This month I was paired with Emily from Follow the Yellow Book Road!

***

Hi! I'm Emily from Follow the Yellow Book Road. Cyra is hosting me today for the Guest of the Month Club. The topic this month is:

Top 5 Books I Can't Wait to Read in 2016

I love this topic, but it was really hard to choose 5.

Untitled (Throne of Glass, #5)1. Untitled (Throne of Glass #5) by Sarah J Maas
This is the 5th book in the Throne of Glass Series. This fantasy series is about a young female assassin. It is filled with action, adventure and lots of really good plot twists. After reading the first book in this series, I was immediately and forever a Sarah J Maas fan. I reread the entire series last year, and they were even better than the first time I read them.






A Court of Mist and Fury (A Court of Thorns and Roses, #2)2. A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J Maas
This is book 2 in the A Court of Thorns and Roses Series, which is a fantasy book based on the fairytale Beauty and the Beast. I LOVED the first book and have been anxiously awaiting the second.





Truthwitch (The Witchlands, #1)
3. Truthwitch by Susan Dennard
Fun fact: Susan and Sarah are friends! This will be my first Susan Dennard experience, but I've heard great things about her writing. I love stories about magic and can't wait to read this one.







4. The Winner's Kiss by Marie Rutkowski
The Winner's Kiss (The Winner's Trilogy, #3)This is book 3 in The Winner's Triology, I can't believe this is going to be the end of this series! Marie's writing is beautiful and I am excited to see what happens with the characters (not gonna lie, I am totally hoping for a Happily Ever After).







Winter (The Lunar Chronicles, #4)
5. Winter by Marissa Meyer
This is book 4 in the Lunar Chronicles.  It's been a while since I read the first three books, so I am thinking a re-read might be needed before I dive into this one. I loved how each book in this series was loosely based on a fairytale and the characters were lots of fun.








***

So what are some books that you're looking forward to reading in 2016? Do you share any of the same books as Emily?

2 comments:

  1. Hi Emily! Nice to meet you! I loved Truthwitch so much, and I'll be reading The Winner's Kiss really soon (so excited!). I admit, I have't finished the Lunar Chronicles, but I do have Winter. I don't think I'll be reading ACOMAF (I have read ACOTAR), but I want to read book five of the ToG series. But maybe when book six publishes next year. :D Fantastic choices, Emily! ALL the fantasy!

    Lovely post, Emily and Cyra!

    Alyssa @ The Eater of Books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm excited for all of these too, except I'm probably not going to read Winter and I'm gonna go into ACOMAF with low expectations.

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan