Discussion: Book To Movie Adaptations

Thursday, February 4, 2016


Today's discussion is on book to movie adaptations! Do we love them or do we hate them?

I feel like I have seen a lot of hate lately for book to movie adaptations. Which is totally understandable. You love a book, you find out it's being made into a movie, and you're usually promptly disappointed by the changes between the two. Sometimes you're pleasantly surprised by the accuracy of events in the movie.

I personally love book to movie adaptations. There aren't very many that I go into expecting the worst. I think I have gotten good at separating the book and the movie in my head so that if the movie is disappointing as an adaptation, I can still enjoy it as a movie.

For example, I have no hope that Allegiant is going to be anything like the book. But I have hope that it could at least be a good movie. And honestly, I don't even really remember a lot of what happened anyway so I don't think that will be a big deal.

There are some pretty good movies set to come out this year that are adapted from books! Some of the ones that I'm looking forward to seeing are:


I can't wait until this one comes to the little theater in my town! I have heard nothing but good things about this one and I can't wait!

     

I actually haven't read this one, but in looking for 2016 book to movie adaptations, I stumbled across this and it sounds interesting. And if it has Emilia Clarke, Matthew Lewis, and Sam Claflin, it HAS to be good doesn't it?!


Like I mentioned before, probably won't be a great adaptation, but has the potential to be an epic movie. And I've seen the other two, I can't stop now.

     

The Jungle Book is probably going to be an EPIC live action movie, just look at that picture!!!

     

This will probably be awesome as well because look at that hunky Tarzan!

     

I cannot wait to dive back into the wizarding world with this book! This makes me kind of sad at the same time because usually my grandma takes me to movies like this every year for my birthday, but now that I live so far away from home and have a job that sucks around that time of the year, I probably won't get to go with her. :'(

Anyway...

Here are some other books that are hopefully well on their way to the big screen!


THE DARKEST MINDS! I need this one to happen! I need to add the movie cover books to my collection! Ahhhh!!


This one is gonna be good!


The trailer looks fantastic. And the guy who will be Miles Archer looks even better! 


Other honorable mentions (AKA I'm sick of uploading photos) would be Red Queen by Victoria Aveyard and Before I Fall by Lauren Oliver! Oh! And Legend by Marie Lu!!

What are your thoughts on book to movie adaptations? Are you excited for any of these ones as well?



6 comments:

  1. I actually love book to movie adaptations too. Even if they are a let down, it's fun to see all the characters come to life! I can't wait for the 5th Wave either. Also, ALLEGIANT.
    Krystianna @ Downright Dystopian

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree! I used to be so mad when a movie would be so different from the book, but I just decided to stop worrying about it and now my movie going experiences are SO much more enjoyable! I remember I watched the movie for My Sister's Keeper before I read the book and when I finished it, I was furious about the movie because it was polar opposite of the book! SO MAD! Also Dear John by Nicholas Sparks! SO MAD!

      Delete
  2. Oh my god the trailer for Me Before You made me cry so hard!!! You have to read the book, it's so good!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm probably going to pick it up because the movie looks so good! I can't wait to read it!

      Delete
  3. Honestly? Book-to-movie adaptations scare the crap out of me. Aside from the first Harry Potter movie (which was amazingly perfect, and will forever remain the best adaptation EVERRR) I can't really think of any I was satisfied with. Yeah, Divergent was okay as a movie, but not when compared to the book. Twilight.. don't even get me started LOL. I didn't read the books but the Vampire Academy movie was so cringe-worthy, I thought it was literally a joke. The Time Traveler's Wife was waaay better as a book, my sister said the Percy Jackson movies are an embarrassment, and everyone hates the Mortal Instruments movie. I do think that some movies adapted from books might possibly be enjoyable for people who haven't read the books, but I'M super nitpicky about every little thing, so that affects my enjoyment level, for sure. I'm absolutely dying to watch Me Before You, though I haven't read the book so any inconsistencies and changes won't bother me, so yay for that! XD Great post!

    Brittany @ Brittany's Book Rambles

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, yes. The first Harry Potter movie was a fantastic adaptation! Twilight was bad! I hated the second movie with a passion! And that epic battle scene in the last movie made me angry because I didn't remember that being the books at all and it worried me! I haven't read or seen Vampire Academy, Percy Jackson, or the Time Travelers Wife, but I did see TMI and yeah, I don't even remember anything about that movie. I'm definitely dying to see Me Before You as well and I think I'm going to read the book! I'm kind of excited for it!

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan