Discussion: Summer Financial Fitness Plan

Thursday, June 30, 2016

Today I have a discussion topic that is not really book related, but should be interesting none the less! I was challenged by Credit Card Insider to share how I plan to stay financially fit this summer!

So some of you might know that I work in a distribution center as a packer. Basically people order stuff off the internet and I put it into boxes and ship it off to them. Summer is generally the slowest time of the year so I frequently leave work hours earlier than I would normally be able to. This obviously makes for smaller paychecks and a sad Cyra.

So a financial fitness plan is something that would benefit me greatly. My ultimate goal is to get to the point that I don't have to spend most of my paycheck on my credit card bill every two weeks. When I first got the card, I mostly just used it for gas and groceries and bought everything else with money out of my pocket and I would love to get back to that point.

So in order to get to that point, I'm going to have to make some changes! Stop spending money so frivolously on budget busters. Stop eating out so much. Generally be smarter with my money.

Some of my budget busters would be:

-Books (Duh). I probably have enough books right now to keep me occupied until I can get my finances in order and not to mention that even if I can't, I can always request some! But I really like to pick up a book every time I get the chance to go into a bookstore to support the store!

-Coffee. This really isn't SO bad for me. I live on a barren plain in the middle of South Dakota that I read is the only place in the 48 continental United States that is over 100 miles from a McDonald's. So you can't really find a good place for coffee that's open late enough to where I can go and has a drive thru! I'm lazy, I don't want to go inside. But when I go home and get around Starbucks and Caribou Coffee, I get one pretty much everyday! :)

-Fast food. I really don't like cooking and I'm too lazy to pack myself a lunch for work so I end up eating out several times a week and it really needs to stop. For more than just the sake of my wallet. With such short hours lately at work, I try to only do it on Mondays and just skip lunch the rest of the week unless I'm dying of starvation.

-Snacks. Along with eating a lot of fast food, I buy a lot of snacks and basically just snack instead of eating supper or real meals. I kind of fail at adulting.

I have been slowly working on these things, but I should really pick up the pace! This summer so far has been the worst I've been with my credit card while I've had it actually. So this is what I am going to do about it and it will hopefully help me reach my goal and to be more responsible with my money:

-Stop with the snacks and fast food and just buy real food. Which will end up going further than my snacking habit. And also have the added bonus of being good for me!

-Hold off on buying new books until I have gotten through a good chunk of the unread ones on my shelves.

-Only buy ONE coffee when I'm out somewhere that's near a tasty coffee place. Everything in moderation, right? :)

So basically that's how I plan to try to stay financially fit this summer! What are some of your budget busters? Do you have plans to get financially fit?

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan