Pokemon GO Book Tag

Friday, September 2, 2016


I am FINALLY doing the Pokemon Go Book Tag! I was tagged to do this by Alexandra at Literary Legionnaire awhile ago, but I decided to wait to post this during the #ReadThemAllThon! This tag was created by Aentee at Read at Midnight!

Aentee also created the #ReadThemAllThon and all the graphics for this tag!

I think that there are quite a few books I could credit with this during different parts of my life, but I'm going to go with Delirium by Lauren Oliver for this one!


I was a lot more of a casual reader before Delirium. This is the book that made me always want to have a book handy, if not actually in my hands. I don't remember a lot of books that I read in one sitting or stayed up super late reading before I read this book. I think I finished this book at like 1 am and I was super tempted to drive to the nearest Walmart to see if they had Pandemonium.

My go-to starter Pokemon is Charmander! I love love love Charmander! He's always been my go-to starter! For Christmas a couple of years ago, the BF bought me a Gameboy Advance SP and Pokemon Red to play on it and it made me SO happy.


I think most people who's posts I've looked at so far have said Harry Potter for this one. So I'm going to go a different route and mention once again, my love for The Outsiders by S.E. Hinton.

This is probably my favorite book that I ever had to read in school. I bought my own copy of this one and I frequently pick it up to just flip through the pages and find that I've just read the whole thing.

In November they're releasing a 50th anniversary edition of this book and the cover looks so cool. I'm so buying another copy. Maybe I'll gift someone my current copy of the book.


I was super excited for this book when I first heard about it. Probably a lot of it was because everyone else was so excited. But then before it came out the street team was EVERYWHERE ALL THE TIME! I liked the chats and the coloring contest and stuff like that, but the constant barrage of tweets about the book from the street team members just got to be too much for me.

But since I haven't seen too much about this book lately, I'm finally gonna read it. It's my 'thunderous hype' book for the #ReadThemAllThon. I better get to that one ASAP though because I've seen #WindwitchWednesday stuff on twitter and it's already lessened my excitement to finally read this.


I didn't personally think this when I read it myself, but when I was reading other people's reviews A Shadow Bright and Burning, a lot of them said that it wasn't really an original fantasy, it had elements from all sorts of different fantasies, etc.

Looking back, I can see where that would be true. I can see where it would be kind of your run-of-the-mill fantasy book with your common fantasy tropes. But I still really enjoyed it!



Not only are these books rather large, the sheer size of the bill if I were to buy all of these makes me sad on the inside. But I loved the TV show (only got to season 5 so far!), so I am definitely going to have to suck it up and get these books. Probably when I finally get my credit card bill paid off someday.



When I think of books that kept me up late reading, this is always the first book that comes to mind. This is the first book I ever preordered and I got it the day before it officially came out! So my goal after getting home from work that day was to finish it before the rest of the world could buy it!

So I stayed up really late reading this one.

Also, I just watched the episode of Pokemon with Ghastly, Haunter, and Gengar and I thought they'd be 'scarier' than they were. But they were mostly a bunch of clowns and I think that was probably my favorite episode of the Indigo League show so far.



My favorite OTP will forever be Ruby and Liam from The Darkest Minds. I LOVE THEM SO MUCH!


I just finished reading this book for the second time and I forgot how exciting this book was! It seems like they're always doing something important, there really aren't any parts that are too slow or anything. It's sooo exciiiiiting.

I want all the spin-offs of this series. Specifically I have seen people talking about how they want one about the Marauders' time at Hogwarts and I didn't know how badly I needed that until I read that conversation. I would love to read something like that! I would read spin-offs about basically any character in this series.



I liked The Maze Runner. I liked The Scorch Trials less. And I really just did not like The Death Cure. Like, really at all. But I bought a box set of all the paperbacks so I felt like I had to read The Kill Order. I was NOT expecting to like it as much as I did. I LOVED this one. It's not quite enough to make me want to check out The Fever Code, but it was enough for the series to kind of redeem itself to me.


I think that this series is super hyped, especially with the tv show! I want to read this series so bad, but it's SO expensive to buy the books! I've seen most of the tv show, I've seen up until the end of season five! I am really excited to read the books someday because I've seen some articles online talking about things that are different between the books and the show and I'm curious to see some of the things!

          

I don't really think that these are collector's editions, but for me they would be! I would LOOOVE to add these to my Alexandra Bracken collection! They're really hard to find online! I have found one website where I could easily figure out how to buy them, but it would have cost me an arm and a leg to order them from Australia.

Someday they will be mine, though.


The first debut that comes to mind when I think of ones that I'm super excited for is Ever the Hunted! I'm so excited for December to roll around so I can get my paws on this one! :)

The coolest thing I've hatched out of an egg so far is probably an Aerodactyl. I want a Lapras so bad, but I seem to not be attracting more 10 km eggs. The other day I had two 2 km eggs going at the same time. They both hatched at the same time and they were both WEEDLES! I was so mad. I hate Weedle so much.


Alexandra Bracken is my number one auto-buy author. I love everything she has written and I'm super excited to read Wayfarer in January! 



I don't think that there are any books out there that I have been waiting any ungodly amount of time for, but it feels like it's been forever since I read Passenger and I'm dying to get my hands on Wayfarer!

I pretty much just tag whoever wants to be tagged in this! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan