Discussion: 17 Most Anticipated Books of 2017

Thursday, January 26, 2017

2017 is jam packed with some seriously amazing sounding books. It was hard to pick just 17 of them! I tried to pick some that I haven't talked about before because this is probably a Top Ten Tuesday topic that I've done or will do. Oh well. I want to talk more about books that I'm looking forward to so here we are.

1. Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco
Goodreads

I loved Stalking Jack the Ripper so much, I can't wait to see what kinds of shenanigans Audrey Rose and Thomas find themselves in next! And this one features Vlad the Impaler?! Awesome! I wish I wouldn't have don't a post on Vlad the Impaler for A Glimpse Back in Time already!


2. Roar by Cora Carmack
Stealing Storms #1
Goodreads

I have yet to read a Cora Carmack book and this one already sounded awesome, but ever since I saw someone say that it looks like Daenerys Targaryen on the cover of this book, I can't unsee it. And it makes me want it more!


3. The Rattled Bones by S.M. Parker

That cover fascinates me. And that title. I really enjoyed The Girl Who Fell, so I can't wait to read this book!


4. Flame in the Mist by Renée Ahdieh
Flame in the Mist #1

I need more Renée Ahdieh books in my life and on my shelf. I can't wait for this one.

5. The Girl with the Red Balloon by Katherine Locke
The Girl with the Red Balloon #1

Time travel and Cold War history sounds like it something I need to read.

6. Among the Red Stars by Gwen C. Katz

WWII historical fiction is one of my favorite things to read! And this book sounds amazing! If you don't know who the Night Witches were, you should probably go look that up and then just TRY to tell me that this book isn't gonna be fantastic!


7. A Crown of Wishes by Roshani Chokshi
The Star-Touched Queen #2

The Star-Touched Queen was probably the most beautifully written book I have ever read and I'm super excited to see how this companion goes! Gauri is such an interesting character, I can't wait to read her story!


8. The Dragon's Price by Bethany Wiggins
Transference #1

Death by dragon? Heck, dragons in general? Sign me the heck up.

9. Forest of a Thousand Lanterns by Julie C. Dao
Forest #1

A retelling about the evil queen from Snow White? Based on Asian mythology? Yes please.

10. Nowhere Girls by Amy Reed

Contemporary novels about rape culture are about the only kinds of contemporary novels that I like. This one sounds pretty awesome.

11. Daughter of Passion and Stone by Rebecca Ross
Untitled #1

This book contains the trope of restoring a rightful queen to her throne, which is my favorite, and I am all about this book.


12. Dividing Eden by Joelle Charbonneau
Dividing Eden #1

Siblings pitted against each other to win the crown of their kingdom after the king and crown prince are killed by assassins? Gimme.

13. Before She Ignites by Jodi Meadows
Fallen Isles Trilogy #1

Illegal dragon trafficking? I'm listening.

14. The Hundredth Queen by Emily R. King

I don't even know what to say, but I want it.

15. An Enchantment of Ravens by Margaret Rogerson

I am all about artists in books. I am interested to see how this particular artist will impress some pissed off fair folk with her art in order to not die or lose her talent forever.

16. Garden of Blood and Dust by K.K. Pérez

This one is inspired by the world's first female serial killer! I definitely smell an A Glimpse Back in Time post for this one.


17. Blue Tide by Jenna-Lynne Duncan

After reading Daughter of the Pirate King, I almost want to exclusively read pirate books for the rest of my life. This one sounds lovely!

What books are some of your most anticipated of 2017? Discuss below! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan