Waiting on Wednesday: Vigilante by Kady Cross

Wednesday, January 25, 2017



"Waiting On" Wednesday is a weekly event, hosted by Breaking the Spine, that spotlights upcoming releases that we're eagerly anticipating.

This week I'm waiting on...


Vigilante by Kady Cross
Publisher: Harlequin Teen
Publication Date: March 28th, 2017
Pages: 352

A brutally honest, uncompromising story about a teen girl who decides to take matters into her own hands. 

It's senior year, and Hadley and her best friend, Magda, should be starting the year together. Instead, Magda is dead and Hadley is alone. Raped at a party the year before and humiliated, Magda was driven to take her own life and Hadley is forced to see her friend's attackers in the classroom every day. Devastated, enraged and needing an outlet for her grief, Hadley decides to get a little justice of her own. 

Donning a pink ski mask and fueled by anger, Hadley goes after each of the guys one by one, planning to strip them of their dignity and social status the way they did to Magda. As the legend of the pink-masked Vigilante begins to take on a life of its own, Hadley's revenge takes a turn for the dangerous. Could her need for vengeance lead her down a path she can't turn back from?

I have not yet read Female of the Species (as of the time I am writing this post), but this book reminds me of what I think that book will be about. And if that's true and this is anywhere near as good as people say Female of the Species is, I will be a happy camper.

What book are you looking forward to this week?

2 comments:

  1. Oooh this looks so interesting :) Not sure if it's my kind of read, but I really hope you enjoy it!
    Here's my WoW


    Amy @ A Magical World Of Words

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope I enjoy it too! This is like, the only kind of contemporary novel that I actually enjoy reading!

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan