August 2017 Wrap Up

Saturday, September 2, 2017

Books Read:

          

1. Dear Martin by Nic Stone
Review to come.

2. Spellbook of the Lost and Found by Moïra Fowley-Doyle
Review

3. The Hearts We Sold by Emily Lloyd-Jones
DNF Review

     

4. Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco
Review

5. The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding by Alexandra Bracken
Review to come.

6. Liam's Story by Alexandra Bracken

Favorite of the month:
Either Hunting Prince Dracula or The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding

Least favorite of the month:
The Hearts We Sold

---

Book Haul

Dear Martin by Nic Stone
Trade

The Diabolic by SJ Kincaid
Purchase

The Bone Season by Samantha Shannon
Trade

Girls Who Code
Purchase

Rise of the Jumbies by Tracey Baptiste
Publisher

---

In My Corner of the Blogosphere:



---

Reading Challenge Updates:

ARC August:

All of the books I read this month qualified for ARC August except for the very short story about Liam.

So I read 5. Which was good because I think that was all I really had for ARCs at the beginning of August. Except I acquired Dear Martin during August and read it.

#TheReadingQuest:

I chose the Knight's path for the reading quest and so far I have read 4 books for the challenge.

For the knight-specific quest, I have read:

The First Book In a Series: The Dreadful Tale of Prosper Redding by Alexandra Bracken
+10 EXP -- +36 HP

A Book With a Weapon on the Cover: Hunting Prince Dracula by Kerri Maniscalco
+10 EXP -- +42 HP

A Book With a Red Cover: Dear Martin by Nic Stone
This book doesn't have a red cover for the official cover, but the ARC I read had the red cover.
+20 EXP -- +21 HP

For the side quests, I have read:

Minigame: Graphic Novel, Novella, or Poem Collection: Liam's Story by Alexandra Bracken
+10 EXP -- +5 HP

I am currently working on reading Beyond the Night by Alexandra Bracken for the Expansion Side Quest.

So far that leaves me at:

Level 2
50 EXP -- 123 HP

---

What's New With Me?

-My sister and I went on our first road trip without a responsible adult along. My mom moved to Indiana almost 10 years ago now, and this was our first time going without our grandma. It was not as bad as I expected it to be, honestly. I thought it was going to be scarier than it was. Even switching interstates and getting off to get gas and getting back on wasn't as bad I was making it out to be.

We got solidly flipped off by a motorcyclist who passed us on the shoulder of the interstate because apparently we were not passing another car fast enough for him when he FLEW up behind us.

Indiana was fun. We went hiking and tubing one day. We watched the new Beauty and the Beast and Fantastic Beasts. We went on nightly walks with her dog. We spent a lot of time playing Cards Against Humanity.

-The day after getting back from Indiana was my friend's bachelorette party. I barely knew anyone there except for my friend. And she's kind of a social butterfly so she had a lot of friends there. I felt super awkward.

Her bachelorette party basically consisted of drinking on a houseboat and then barhopping. I had my sister drop me off and then pick me back up with the barhopping started. Because yeah, that's just not really my scene.

Her wedding is at the beginning of next month. I get to be a bridesmaid and I need to STOP PROCRASTINATING GETTING MY DRESS ALTERED!

-I am learning a new department at work, which is kind of exciting. It makes the day go by so fast because it's so new to me! If you're unaware, I work in a distribution center as a packer. So I pack up people's online orders and ship them out. I'm learning receiving now, so when the client sends in stock of their items, I receive it into the system and put it away on the shelves.

That's really about all that's new with me.

Looking ahead, I have a Leigh Bardugo event and a Ruta Sepetys event that I am going to go to! Then it's the wedding. And that's all I have planned, but all of that is in the span of like a week so that will be interesting. That's a lot of driving. Ugh.. But it will be fun!

How was August for all of you? Got anything exciting planned for the coming month?

4 comments:

  1. Hearts We Sold was a disappointment for me, not terrible but didn't live up to my expectations. I've actually never been to a bachelerotte party (besides my own), I can see how that would be an awkward situation! And yes, get wedding stuff done!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I wish I had liked Hearts We Sold more! So disappointing! But we just can't love them all! I have just brought my dress to a lady I work with who said she can alter it for me! She's taking it apart this weekend for me! :) I'm not gonna have her going Bridezilla on me! Haha!

      Delete
  2. I'm curious about Spellbook of the Lost and Found and Rise of the Jumbies! Sounds like your roadtrip was a success, which is exciting. I was a bridesmaid a couple weeks ago for one of my best friends, the wedding was amazing. Hope yours is a good experience too! And it's always kind of fun to learn new stuff at work- it def makes the day go faster like you said. I only read 3 books for ARC August so you did better than me haha :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Spellbook of the Lost and Found was SO good! I hope that my bridesmaid experience is as good as yours was! I am getting more and more nervous about it just because like out of our high school friend group, she is the only one that I'm still close with anymore and everyone else is people she met in college and after and we didn't go to college together! I'm SO awkward! But it will still be fun all the same! Three books is better than no books! I hope you loved all three!

      Delete

CopyRight © | Theme Designed By Hello Manhattan